Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 109 (Or: My brother, the winner)

JORDAN WON THE FINAL BIKE RACE OF THE YEAR. He won he won he won! Pretty much the entire day can be summed up in that statement :) And because of his victory tonight, he finished 3rd over all for Cat-5's, and got a place on the podium at the award ceremony at the end of the night. Seriously, so excited for my brother. We were flipping out. He's been training so long and so hard- I'm happy he's finally got a legitimate "victory" to his name. I know he needed it. :)

Anyways, Kelli was hanging with her parents tonight, so she couldn't be there. Happy about the hang out, but bummed she missed the big moment. :( thankfully, we got it on video, and Kelli lent me her 35mm, which I used up a whole roll of film with, haha.

Anyways, once Kelli finiahed hanging with her parents, I went over there but BLESS HER HEART the girl was beat, so I didn't stay long. But we've only gotten to see each other sparsely the past couple of days, and on Monday, we were together but just doing hardcore wedding planning. So... it was relaly nice just getting to chill with her for a bit.

Uh....4 days? How is that possible?

Two more work days. Two more. I've been at CTN since December and I've had two Mon-Fri days off. Two. Haha. Like I worked Christmas and new years and stuff. Two days off. I am going to revel in my total of 10 days off from work :) I love my job. Love it. But I need a break :)

2 comments:

  1. Breaks are good.

    Bri and I got our first session of more than 3 days off since our honeymoon about 2 weeks ago. (had a whole week off!)

    just sat around and read books all day. It was so fantastic.

    I'm super happy that you'll get a nice well-deserved break.

    Also, congrats to Jordan!

    Also, been listening to Easy Tiger by Ryan Adams this past week.
    Lotsa memories there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother, I just stuck that one in the car today so I could listen on my commute! So funny. It's been too long. Yes, lots of memories. I remember getting you into that CD. One of the best moments of that summer, haha. I think we were all in the taurus, mom was driving. so funny :P

    ReplyDelete