Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 106 (Or: STAR WARS SUNDAY)

One of my very favorite places in the whole world is the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center in Alabama. I love that place. I could live there. thankfully, my family enjoys going just as much as I do, so getting there is never hard :P We've brought Kelli along with us the past two times which I've really enjoyed. We all wanted to go one more time before Kelli and I got married. So, exactly one week before the wedding (And exactly one week after Kelli took me north of the Tennessee border to Dinosaur World in Kentucky), we headed down to Alabama to enjoy all manners of space exploration.

And we were all really, really pumped for this particular trip, because this summer, the center has had a traveling STAR WARS exhibit. Oh my goodness, it was the best space camp trip yet. They had all kinds of stuff to look at and TONS AND TONS of props and costumes and droids and vehicles from the movies. Like literally the ones in the movies. It was incredible.

(Both from A New Hope)

Kelli and I were both geeking out the whole time. It was so fun.

I got to ride the Space Shot at the end of the day with Mom too a few consecutive times :P And we even got an IMAXdome movie in at the beginning of the day, all about the Hubble Telescope. So cool. Space is so huge and vast and makes me come up with a million questions. I love that space is a mystery. I love that it is seemingly endless.

Anyways, an absolutely perfect day in every way. Quality time with my family one last time before this crazy week gets started, and I got my picture taken next to the real Darth Vader costume. Freaking. Out.

Anyways, mark day 106 as my favorite one so far, probably.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the space shot! how many times did we ride that ride over and over and over?

    ReplyDelete