Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 104 (Or: A funeral and a wedding)

TODAAAAY my oldest friend (going on 20 years here soon!) got married. And what a lovely bride she made! So Bethany is married now. Bethany Stonehall. So weird. And congrats to Shad too. :) I love how quickly he's just become part of the big "family." He's a fantastic guy, and I can't think of a better one to marry Bethany :)

I got to play DJ for the evening, so that was fun as well. Overall, a very pleasant evening.

OH WAIT UNTIL. I got the text. The one that let me know that the board of trustees over at good ole Trevecca voted to sell WNAZ. Thankfully I was at the wedding of a very dear friend of mine to pick me up. Because. It wasn't good.

So, I guess that's it? I don't know. I find it hard to believe everyone will just throw in the towel on all of these efforts. Oh, Channel 2 even did a story about it today (Mentioned my tshirts even! Ha ha it was funny hearing the reporter say "God Save WNAZ" hahaha)... but I guess everything that has been done up to this point wasn't enough to save a station that has stood on that campus for over 40 years. So, admittedly I'm still processing it. I'm not happy about it. It hurts. But I have a strange peace about it. But I don't know. Right now I'm mostly just upset, haha.

Anyways, last weekend ever that I won't be married.

Congrats to Bethany and Shad again :) so exciting.

First weekend at the town house. LEMMINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bummmmer. :(((

    on the bright side... last weekend as a single man? man... that's rad.

    ReplyDelete