Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 073 (Or: Transitioning)

I slept alright my first night at the townhouse. The couch wasn't as comfy as I thought it would be. I don't really want to sleep in the bed 'til I have someone to share it with. We'll see.

Waking up in a new place all by myself was weird. Getting ready without having other people to interact with was weirder. But Kelli let me call her and wake her up so I had someone to chat with while I ate breakfast, so that was really nice. She guards her sleep carefully, so it was a real win for me.

Work was nice, then Kelli and I went to my family's house. We found out today that our cousin Greg was killed in a motorcycle accident. I haven't seen him in a really long time, but it still hit pretty hard. His wife is 7 and a half months pregnant with their first kid together, so just be praying for them right now. I can't even imagine that.

When we got to my family's house, there was that going on, and then I guess a bug had flown into Jordan's eye? Or something? And he had the wings of it stuck on the inside of his eyelids? So here I am, excited to see my family after my first night away at my own place, and these people are running around trying to figure out why Jordan's eye is completely destroyed, and eventually they went to the eye doctor. WHAT ABOUT ME??? Just kidding... I was happy when they got back and my brother was okay. We had a pleasant rest of the evening.

I showed Kelli how to use Corel Draw so maybe she can start doing patent drawings for my dad and earn us some extra $$$. That'd be nice. Plus I think she'll enjoy it. She picked it up really quickly, like I figured she would.

Well, anyways, that was about it for today. I'm about to leave the Feener's so Kelli can enjoy some of that heavily guarded sleep I was mentioning earlier. Night two at the townhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment