Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 066 (Production, programs, and a living sacrifice)

I got to be in production today for like 3 hours. It was awesome. I love running cameras, man. Love it. And I'm not half bad at it, so it's fun :P

We finalized our wedding programs. The design, at least. We did some test printings and they look great. We put together the skeleton last night, and Kelli had done a fantastic job designing it and making it "us" by tonight. I love it. And she even integrated some of my ideas into the final design :D I'll keep her.

And along with that, we settle on a final schedule for the actual service, which felt really good! And I like the way it turned out. I don't want to give it all away, but it'll be very nice. Uh, but don't read into that and think there are going to be goofy surprises along the way. There won't be. It'll just be a nice service that I'm proud of. AND we figured out all the songs that are going to play during the service. THAT felt REALLY good, let me tell you. It has been looming for like 6 months. Anyways, we had a lot of fun with that. The songs we've got are great :P BOOYAH

My buddy Andrew Wommack today reminded me that being a living sacrifice isn't a one time decision. It's something you decide on pursuing and then spend every ten minute for the rest of your life course correcting along the way. So that was encouraging. I needed to hear that today. I often just feel like I'm a failure in that regard. So, thanks Andrew. I hope I get to shake your hand one day.

Anyways, pumped for the bike race. I am renting a town house that I'm not even sleeping in yet, haha. Oh and I paid my first bills today. Snaaaap. Night.

1 comment:

  1. yeah dude, choosing the songs for el-matrimonio is a good feeling.

    and you'll totally have so much street cred if you don't use pachelbel's canon in d. *wink*

    ReplyDelete