Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 047 (Or: I am still so young)

My last birthday as a single man.

You feel like at some point you'd start feeling like a grown up or something. But it's more like just learning to daily take what comes at you maturely and trusting God to guide your steps along the way. I'm learning. I still have a lot of growing up to do. I am still so young.

Today was my very favorite birthday, of all the birthdays God has blessed me with.

I don't really dwell on these kinds of warm fuzzies on this here blog, but- There's this neat thing that happens when you're in love. Sometimes you're in the middle of some kind of minor task or trivial conversation with your significant other, and an almost out of body experience suddenly envelopes you and thrusts you outside of your current situation; and you are suddenly made aware of how happy you are, exactly where you are. You can't help but start to smile, and your only defense upon questioning is a simple "Nothing, I just love you." There's nothing quite like that.

I got stuff from Target for my birthday that Kelli and I had registered for. :) It was a lot of fun. I had a great night with my family. Jessica Doss, AN-NA, Liz, and Ravi were here too! It was a very good evening.

They made me a cake at work, and a card with Gospel Bill on it! YEAH. And I got to run camera. :D

All and all, the best birthday. Now, Friday can hurry up and be over with already.

1 comment: