Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 031 (Or: OMG SUBURBA)

Today can be summed up in ONE LINK HECK TO THE YE-AAAHHHH

Am I going to see them tomorrow night? Do I ever go to shows ever anymore? I don't even like going to shows. but I still love House of Heroes...hhhhhh... I don't know. Maybe. Probably not. Whenever I saw how adults didn't like going to shows as much as kids, I thought "I'm never going to be like that. I will always love shows." But then it's just like...one day. You don't have to go to every show anymore. Haha. And then you don't go to any. Oh, but I told Amy I'd go see Arcade Fire with her if she'd buy me a ticket. And she did. So see? I'm not that lame. I'm excited about seeing Arcade Fire :D.

Last night of premarital counseling. That was a good little journey. We benefited from it immensely. And it's cool to say "We passed premarital counseling" hahaha. Awesome. We had fun and learned a lot about life and ourselves. Anyone who is getting married and looking for someone to do premarital counseling for them, I recommend Grace Ministries in Hermitage. Good people.

I know Kelli and I look like this perfectly happy couple (we are, that's why), but we've put each other through a lot of stuff that's been really hard. And we've grown up a lot in the process. I think we've benefited a lot from the fact that we'd decided we wanted to marry each other long before we actually were in a position to get "engaged," let alone actually married. So everything for the last year and a half or so has gone through this "Well, if we're planning on getting married, we need to work through this" mentality. That's forced us to take a hard look at a lot of stuff. It's been incredibly humbling and incredibly rewarding. I can't tell you how blessed I am to have Kelli by my side.

So I've got some kind of ringworm on my back, and it's progressively gotten worse as I haven't dealt with it since it started who knows how long ago. So, I'm gonna put some apple cider vinegar on it and hopefully nip it in the bud. I'm going to bed. Nighters.

6 comments:

  1. I, unfortunately, came to that realization this year. And it broke my heart. And then I went to a local concert about a month or so ago and it reignited that "I MUST GO TO EVERY SINGLE SHOW" mentality.

    We'll see how long it lasts this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember the pastor that took us through out counseling said once, "Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Powerful, and has stayed with me all these years. We celebrate 25 years in August. The greatest gift God has given me has been Doug, with the boys right behind that. I pray you and Kelly have a long, fulfilling, filled with Jesus marriage. I know you will! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah... part of me wants to go see HoH really a lot, but I am probably going to wait to hear Suburba at home where I can decide how loud it is. Years of abuse and my ears just won't take it nowadays. Some parts of getting old are sucky.

    I'm so excited for you & Kelli! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the benefits of dating Alex was that the entire time we were dating we were like "if I can't see me marrying you, this is not worth it" so we definitely have (and are) working through A LOT in a condensed amount of time. Premarital counseling is great! I'm so glad it went well for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACV? Really?

    Is there any evidence that the stuff works all these wonders?

    You should be a snake oil salesman... except with apple cider vinegar.

    ReplyDelete