Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 041 (Or: Retrospect)

Kelli's working tonight. So I've been parked at the house goofing off and playing video games and such. Kinda bored. Kinda tired. Kinda got a headache.

BUT it's the weekend! YEAH.

I received some of the best news I've gotten in a long time today. I... I never really figured out if the whole thing was public knowledge or whatever. So I won't break any potential trust. I'll just suffice it to say that I almost broke down at work today, ha ha ha. Keep it together, Josh... No seriously. I was elated. But I shan't elaborate anymore since I'm not even saying on here what it actually was. A N Y W A Y S.

I'd originally intended his blog to be a retrospective look at my school life, since I am distancing myself further and further from it as the days go by, as well as a look ahead towards married life. Well, it's sort of turned out to just be the latter, it feels like.

But I don't really know what to do about that. The only time I think about school is when I'm thinking about how it's kind of weird that I don't think much about school, haha. You'd think that 4 years of something would warrant SOME sort of retrospective, nostalgic...something something, right? Instead, I just...wake up. I go to work. I get off work. I go to the Feener's and get stuff ready for the wedding, or Kelli and I come to my family's house and we do the same thing. I don't think about school... heck, I don't even think much about the radio station. And it's only been just over a month since my nightly radio show ended. Isn't that sort of strange?

I think about the radio station, but mostly just to wonder how my old friends there are doing. I don't make my way to that end of town much anymore. Radio was such a dream of mine growing up. It was like the first real thing I ever remember wanting to do with my life. I'd sit in my room every night and play the intros and outros of CD's and pretend I was an announcer on the radio, letting everyone at home know that that was "Just Between You and Me" from DC Talk. I went to Trevecca because I had such an affinity for the nightly rock radio show they aired when I was like 14 or 15 (The DJ's name was ironically "Josh" too). But I ended up not even getting into the radio stuff until my junior year. I couldn't even tell you exactly why.

So I worked hard, and got myself my own radio show by last fall. I loved it man. But once I got the CTN full time day job, it became pretty much impossible to put the energy into a nightly radio show that I wanted to.

And now...I don't even miss it. I mean, I loved it. LOVED IT. But I can't tell if it's the kind of thing I'll end up revisiting in my life, or if it was God's way of letting me do something I always wanted to do and just get it out of my system, hahah. Who knows. I'm open to whatever. I'm happy I could leave my mark on WNAZ. I'm glad I got to use my senior project to learn about its history. I guess when I think back on college, it's gonna be that radio station. Even though it was only technically the last three semesters that I spent there. Hmm...yeah, writing about it is making my miss it. But just in that nostalgic "Yeah, that was a lot of fun." kind of way. I mean, if I had the time, and I was able to stay on without being a student..oh, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But as it is, I look back fondly on that time. The whole thing. I loved the whole thing.

I know I dumped on Trevecca a lot during the four years I was there. But honestly, the professors there care. I count a few of them as friends more so than professors. I wouldn't have wanted to live there in that college environment (I will never, ever miss that college student "I know how to fix the world" mentality blehg...) but I did enjoy the classes I took and the professors I had.

Anyways, I probably won't talk much more about school, because I really don't think about it much. But that was the original intent on this blog, so. There ya go.

TOY STORY 3 TOMORROW I MEAN REALLY REALLY REALLY GUYS I'M EXCITED

No comments:

Post a Comment