Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 027 (Or: And then, 72 Hours later...)

Kinda straaange how much can change in three days MAN.

Tuesday started out with me ready in two and a half weeks to move into Laurel Valley. That had been set into motion at least a month ago. Not a care in the world.

By this morning, I was giving the lady over there a call to say I was sorry, but I wouldn't be able to move in after all.

I'm trying to adequately express how strange it is to have one idea of where you're going to live in your head for over a month, gearing up for it, getting excited for it, and then within 72 hours, the game completely changing. And you have more peace about it than you ever had about the first place.

As sure as we can be without papers signed, we've got a town home in Hermitage.

I went by Chick-Fil-A on my way home from work today. I asked Kelli how she was doing, and the first thing she said was, "I can't stop thinking about the town house." Yeah, me either.

I guess it's just strange because it feels so right. And I'm not one to get caught up in that kind of "it feels good" emotion. But this just feels right. Even though 72 hours ago, something else was going to cut it. It appears the Good Lord has other plans for Kelli and myself.

But, I still tread lightly. Laurel Valley said that if anything changed, to give them a call.

So we'll see. I am eager to see where this road leads. I'll keep you posted as events unfold.

HELLO, WEEKEND. Thanks for stoppin' by. Stay a while. :D

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really neat how God moves in and will change our expectations and desires, take them away, and then give us something way better.

    I like that about Him.

    ReplyDelete