Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 032 (Or: Tornado!)

I got a text from my mother yesterday that basically said "We got hit by a tornado. Tree on the house." haha. ?!?! So I called, and it wasn't a joke. I guess we think it could have just been reaaaaally high wind, but I mean. So I got off work a little early, and headed home to survey the damage. Pictures didn't really explain the story well, but Amy took this video before I got home. There was more damage in the back (A tree snapped and took a whole section of fence out)



The roof is punctured, and I think it'll have to be replaced. Anyways, we didn't have internet at the house, so I have to post this at work a day late, haha. I don't know when we'll have internet again. So yeah, pretty nuts. The neighborhood looks like a war zone. Tree debris everywhere.

But praise God for keeping everyone safe! That was yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. A tree fell on my house 28 years ago Tuesday, before our wedding on Saturday. So maybe this is a sign of a long, happy marriage about to take place? ;)

    Seriously, I'm thankful that everybody is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow guys! That's crazy. Glad that everyone's safe! I was just telling Jeremy about tornado warnings in Nashville the other day because we had a tornado watch in Maryland (which are always strange)...

    ReplyDelete