Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 038 (Or: Putting on Love)

Nothing really to report, other than that Kelli and I celebrated 22 months together today, so we went on a date tonight. :) I can't believe it's almost been two years. That's incredible. I have multiple friends that have met, dated, and gotten married in essentially the same amount of time that Kelli and I have just...dated, haha. But I wouldn't change anything, man. No, three years of friendship and struggle and friendship again, and then two years of really, really, really getting to know each other through dating/courtship/engagement (take your pick? haha) have been...ah, I know it works differently for different people, obviously, but for us, there was no other way it could have worked out. I wouldn't change a second of it. Hard as some of it has been, the five and a half years that Kelli and I have cultivated our friendship have had the finger of God on every part of it. I love it. I see the hand of God in my relationship with Kelli. He has been so good to us.

A friend from Maryland whom I haven't actually ever met (Long story!) sent us back an RSVP card the other day, saying that her and her new husband would not be able to come. But she also attached a note congratulating us and such. It was sweet. They even gave us some money! We were floored by their kindness. I haven't even met these people. She also attached Collosians 3:12-15, which I'm going to forward along to you.
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
I love that love is the bond of perfection. Just think about that, man. It's humbling, haha.

Well anyways, Kelli and I are stuck on Metroid Prime 2. It's annoying.

Aaaaand I can't think of anything to tell my family that I want for my b-day. And Mom and I are alike in that we are both gift-givers so I have to tell her SOMETHING what should i do?



Recommended listening/reading for the day is Arrogance: Rescuing America from the Media Elite by Bernard Goldberg. I just finished the audio book today. Regardless of where you stand on the political spectrum, if anywhere at all, it is a very interesting and enlightening book, and I guarantee you won't ever listen to a news report or read a news article the same way ever again.

2 comments:

  1. http://josdouma.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/divineconspiracy.jpg

    EDIT: It won't let me post an image url... but check out that link for a picture.

    ask your mom for this.

    Fantastic book that shows the flaws in the conservative "evangelical" and the liberal "social justice" forms of Christianity without delving into cynicism. The author is very loving, very smart, and has a lot of good stuff to say. I like it much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, delicious. I'll look this up. thanks, adam :D

    ReplyDelete