Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 023 (Or: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More than to Make Us Happy?)

I had part of a post written detailing a lot of what's in this book I recently got ahold of called Sacred Marriage: What If God Meant Marriage to Make Us Holy More than to Make Us Happy? I included a quote and stuff. But it's not really something I can explain on here so HERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS. Either find a copy of it and read it (Or borrow mine) or you can just ask me about it and we can talk. It's a really good book, and it's on my mind today.


I love it because it doesn't hide behind any pretenses. The title is make-or-break from the start, and the wisdom found in it's pages are practical and eternal. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't really recommend books much, but. If you're married, or especially if you're thinking about getting married... I strongly suggest you read this book.

It's my day off. We're just chilling and listening to music today. And talking about wedding stuff. It's been really, really pleasant.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, very good thoughts. I'll have to pick up a copy.

    also... what ARE your thoughts on LOST? It's been like... over a week now man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are coming soon.

    And yes, I think you'd especially love "Sacred Marriage," Adam :D

    ReplyDelete