Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 016 (Or: Everything Starts Where It Ends)

I was listening to that Lovedrug song yesterday. (Also, WIN for rediscovering my love for them. The first couple of CDs, at least.) And The song has such significance to me no matter where I happen to be in my life. When it first released and I listened to that CD over and over again, Kelli and I had just begun the process of becoming good friends, after a lot of circumstances and events had essentially ended our friendship not too long before.

Now, it has significance for a lot of different reasons, for me. I will end my time at home with my family in less than a month, to begin a new life in Mt. Juliet, eventually leading to marriage.

And, somewhat abstractly or maybe literally(?)... it was fitting yesterday, because it was the day LOST was ending. You could say that's significant because it's ending marked the beginning of this firestorm of debate regarding whether LOST was the most brilliant character study in television history, or just drivel that pretended to have mythological significance for six years. But I saw it differently. For me, LOST was a big part of the reason Kelli and I became friends again. Just because it was a lot easier to say "Hey, LOST is tomorrow. You comin' over?" than to say "Hey, I'm starting to like you again and I think I never actually stopped liking you but now you're becoming my best friend and that sort of scares me a lot so uh...wanna come over? We could watch TV." haha. Not to belittle LOST at all. We're both devoted, possibly to a fault, haha. It was just the perfect excuse at the perfect time, as it turned out.

Anyways, so it's just fitting that as it finally comes to an end, Kelli and I are about to begin a new life together. Everything Starts Where It Ends, indeed. I'm going to miss that show.

I'm still really hesitant to talk about my feelings towards the finale. I feel like watching something unfold for six years deserves some sort of retrospect longer than 24 hours. So I'm still dwelling on it. I won't lie and say I didn't lose a little sleep last night over it, hahahaha. JUST a little, though. Maybe it's good that it's over, huh.

Anyways, that's really it for today. I'm selling a copy of As Tall as Lions on blue vinyl if anyone is interested in bidding.

And I forgot to announce the results of my weigh in yesterday so-

This weeks weigh in: 158 lbs. Another 2 pounds. At this rate I should be 130ish by the time the wedding rolls around. Except once I get some of this excess fat off, I want to work on gaining some muscle. So uh..we'll see. I only have fourteen weeks.

Alright, well. Patent drawings call my name. See you guys tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. haha... I remember when you showed me a song from the CD that came out after that, and being super disappointed that it was so catchy, and yet so... messy.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete