Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 014 (Or: We all grew up and went our separate ways.)

Where to start, about this day.

One of my oldest friends got married today. Calista Turner became Calista Barberi today. Who knew that quiet guy in my freshman english class was going to marry one of my best friends fewer than four years later. Life is so weird.

Everything is changing man. Everything is changing. Barry got married earlier this year too. It's really weird going to weddings for people that you're really close to. Or are life long friends. I guess I need to get used to it.

So anyways, the wedding was nice. I'm excited for Calista, and her new adventure with Alex. I wish they were living closer to Nashville. BUT.

On our way back to Kelli's house, I received a phone call that I'm still trying to process. I can't really go into details on this web zone, and I don't mean to make this like one of those stupid vague "Josh Taylor is wondering why this has to happen!!!" statuses. But I do want a record of the event on here, haha. Suffice it to say, I've struggled with it the rest of the night. So. There's that.

Thank the Lord Kelli and I got some chill time tonight. We've needed it. I could chat with her forever. I THINK I WILL.

I got the whole "Are you scared?" question again today. I feel dumb saying "No." But maybe the reason that with about 3 months to go, I'm not starting to get even nervous over it is that God has been so faithful to us every step of the way. And Kelli and I have put each other through so much stuff along the way, haha. I'm not saying I'm "prepared" for marriage at all. At all. I can't be. There's no way. I'm just saying, we've been through our fair share of trials, and we've made it through all of them, with the Good Lord's guidance and strength. His hand has been apparent. So maybe that's why I'm not scared or even nervous. And maybe I just am tired of driving home, haha.

Well, anyways. That's about it for today. Love Is Hell fits this night perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'll be praying for you man.

    And yeah, you can't be prepared for it... but so what? You know that you're gonna go through with it, so don't bother stressing about it haha.

    ReplyDelete