Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 001 (Or: Where We're At)

Hello, blog zones. I'm going to blog about the 112 days in between my college graduation (yesterday) and my marriage to Kelli Ranae Feener (113 days from now, including today).

I graduated from Trevecca Nazarene University yesterday. Summa Cum Laude to BOOT. There was only 19-21 Summa Cum Laude graduates, depending on who was counting, haha. So that was really cool.


(The lovely family)


(The wonderful in laws)


(The best friend)

I'm so glad school is over. It hasn't sunk in yet, y'know? It'll probably take a couple of weeks. Or maybe it'll hit me in the fall when people are going back to school, and I'm not. ALL I KNOW is I'm incredibly happy to already have a bunch of stuff that usually happens post-graduation (job, apartment, wedding date, etc) figured out before graduation.

It's been kind of a whirlwind...getting apartment stuff figured out, insurance stuff figured out once I move out, school finalized, wedding stuff figured out...etc. Lots and lots and lots of phone calls.

CTN has been a great job. The people there are really cool. And it's right down the road from Kelli's house. That's a nice blessing.

I move out June 19th. For someone who has lived in the same house (even the same ROOM) for...geez, 18 years now... that'll be some kind of weird. I'm super excited. I am. I REALLY AM. I'm just saying. It's going to take some getting used to. But being 5 minutes down the road from work and Kelli will be great. I live out in Mt. Juliet. I just sleep in Antioch. That's been my life.

OH my radio show ended on Friday. That's going to be super weird, too. I don't have anywhere to be at nights anymore. I really enjoyed doing radio. But maybe it was just a thing I always wanted to do that I needed to get out of my system, and I was blessed enough to get the opportunity to do it. Maybe. I don't know. I'm going to miss it.

Jordan and I start training tomorrow. I've gotta get in shape before the wedding (Which is August 29th! YEAH). So we're both going to start getting up before I have to go to work in the morning, and he's gonna be my personal trainer, haha. Awesome. I'm gonna need it becaaaause:

Weekly Weigh in: 162 lbs. Eesh...

Kelli and I are getting invitation stuff together this weekend. Also registering at Bed, Bath, and Beyond today, I believe. Julian Smith's wedding is tonight. So we're going to that, too. Lots to do today. At least it makes the time move quicker.

Anyways, that's about it for today I think. I haven't blogged in so long that I'm probably not good at it BUT THAT'S OKAY CATCH YA TOMORROW.

3 comments:

  1. i look forward to stalking your life over the next 112 days... and also getting a wedding invitation in the mail sometime soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself regarding your weight! I weigh 33% more right now than I did when we got married in 1984. :-) Now I'm really HUGE.

    ReplyDelete